This position screens physician orders to ensure the correct medications are given to individual patients that range in age from birth to 100+ years assuring that the most correct drug and dose is prescribed, dispensed, administered and properly monitored. Screens orders for proper drug/ dosage, drug interaction, adverse reactions, allergies, and contraindications. Researches and answers drug information questions and provides various clinical pharmacy services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(40%) Receives and reviews all prescriptions for correctness and appropriateness and dispenses the most appropriate medications for individual patients.
(30%) Responsible for the pharmacy workflow and leadership on the shift and communication. Follows up on problems during the course of the shift.
(30%) Supervises the preparation of prescriptions for dispensing.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides and documents drug information to healthcare professionals and patients.
Assists in the maintenance of the 340(b) inventory by monitoring dispensing of prescriptions from main or 340(b) inventory. Audits on an ongoing basis as directed by sites 340(b) policy. Communicates areas of concern to supervisor.
Involved in teaching of patients, students, or other healthcare professionals, i.e., discharge counseling, inservices, and hands on teaching of students. Also involved in the training of new pharmacists and pharmacy interns and residents.
Assists in formulating new/revised pharmacy policies and procedures.
* Bachelors Degree or higher in Pharmacy required. * Pharmacist license in the State of Michigan required.
* Basic knowledge of personal computer needed to enter prescription information.
* Organizational skills needed to prioritize multiple tasks.
* Interpersonal skills needed to communicate successfully with individuals and groups and interact with people at all levels to communicate ideas and concepts in a clear and understanding manner.
* Provides for the age specific needs of the population served according to department standards and policies/procedures as evidenced by observation, documentation, and peer feedback for the following: Neonate/Infant, Toddler, Child, Adolescent, Adult and Later Adult.
* Must follow MidMichigan Health bloodborne pathogen and TB testing as required.
* MidMichigan Health is a technology driven organization and employees need to demonstrate competency in Microsoft® Windows. An employee may be required to participate in further learning opportunities offered by MidMichigan Health.
Additional Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience
MidMichigan Health is a non-profit health system, headquartered in Midland, Michigan, affiliated with Michigan Medicine, the health care division of the University of Michigan. Recently named one of the nation’s 15 Top Health Systems® by Truven Health Analytics™, MidMichigan Health covers a 22-county region with medical centers in Midland, Alpena, Alma, Clare, Gladwin and now Mt. Pleasant.
In ...addition to its Medical Centers, MidMichigan Health also offers both home health care and physician services. MidMichigan Physicians Group provides urgent care and medical offices in more than 32 specialties and subspecialties including cardiology, hematology/oncology, orthopedics, vascular surgery, family medicine and more.
The MidMichigan Health Foundation raises funds to support equipment, services and programs for patients and families served throughout the health system. MidMichigan has more than 7,200 employees, volunteers and physicians and provided $84 million in community benefits in fiscal year 2016.