Providence is calling a Pharmacy Tech (Pharmacy, Variable Shift, Full-time) to Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Position Details: This is a full-time position with benefits (40 hours/week). This position will cover variable shifts (Mostly day shift from 0530-1730, Monday-Friday. Every 2nd - 3rd weekend from 0600-2200. 1 week of evenings every other month from 1330-2200).
In this position you will:
- Assist licensed pharmacists to formulate, label and dispense medications and other health care products in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Fill and dispense unit dose, intravenous (IV) Admixtures, and/or chemotherapeutic medications under the direction of pharmacists.
- Collect & verify patient medication histories.
- Perform routine pharmacy work that may include inventory, sterilization and maintaining patient records.
- Calculate drug volumes to deliver correct dosages.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED) equivalent
- Current Pharmacy Technician certification in Washington State and ability to maintain certification
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous practical experience in a hospital and/or retail pharmacy
About the hospital you will serve .
Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington is a full service hospital with some of the best technology, expertise, specialists and primary care physicians in the region. We have been named the 100 top hospitals in the United States by two separate, independent research companies, Solucient and Cleverly Associates. Walla Walla is located in the southeastern region of Washington state and offers a sunny, mild climate, the benefits of living in a historic college town, outdoor activities and excellent public & private schools at all levels.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Pharmacy Technician
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 147330